2) Incorporate more vegetables into meals.
3) Avoid impulsive eating by having set mealtimes and only purchasing healthful groceries. Plan ahead using weight management tools (e.g. online meal planners, cookbooks).
4) Drink water throughout the day instead of soda, coffee, tea, milk.
5) Take the stairs up and take the elevator down (easier on your joints). Each stair up burns two calories.
6) In the US, we take on average only 3000 steps … the entire day! This is less than a mile. Find creative ways to add more steps into your daily routine. For example, park at the edge of the parking lot when going to the store.
7) Walk for 30 minutes during your lunch break throughout the week.