TOP 10 REASONS TO VISIT THE PRIMARY DOCTOR
2. sore throat
3. skin rash
4. vision problems
5. knee pain
6. back pain
7. stomach pain
8. ear pain
(4) Vision Problems
- When vision is disrupted in both eyes then the abnormality arises in the brain or brainstem. This tends to be painless – unless there is a headache.
- When vision is disrupted in one eye then this is a problem in the eyeball. This tends to be painful.
- Doctors can measure the pressure of the eyeball to evaluate for glaucoma using a simple tool and determine if this is present or not.
- It’s possible to have completely normal central vision and sustain a stroke to the vision part of the brain that leaves you with a blind spot in your peripheral vision. You might not know it unless you visit a doctor.
- Patients with a herniated disk dislike sitting. They do not like to flex at the waist. They prefer to lie on the unaffected side with the hurt leg bent.
- Kidney stones, gallstones, and pancreatitis are common causes of back pain.
- Backpain should improve with rest over 48-72 hours. If it doesn’t then this is concerning.
- Diabetics, heavy consumers of alcoholic beverages, those that take oral steroids have additional risk factors for dangerous infections of the bones of the spinal column.
- Any change in the urinary or bowel habits is very concerning when it occurs in the setting of low back pain.