2) Remove loose throw rugs or scatter rugs which slide and are hazardous.
3) Raise the toilet seat for ease of getting on and off the toilet.
4) Install grab bars over the bath tub or on the shower wall. Replace towel racks with sturdier grab bars.
5) Keep the floor free of water.
6) Keep pets away from you when you are moving about to avoid tripping.
7) Keep all loose objects (e.g. toys, clothing) and bed linens picked up and out of your way to avoid tripping.
8) Arrange furniture in the house to make it easier to move about without obstructions.
9) Wear shoes with low heels and rubber soles to avoid slipping. Do not wear slippers or thongs.
10) Install a rubber mat, shower stool, and hanging basket in shower.
11) Before entering shower, turn water on and adjust temperature.
12) Stabilize yourself prior to washing hair (when eyes will be closed).
13) Arise slowly from bed at night before going to use the bathroom.
14) Consider having a telephone installed in the bathroom.